Thursday, January 11, 2018

New Year!


The New Year came in amidst lots of fun, games, fire crackers and hanging out with friends. :)
Our friends the Hazens came over to share a taco/taco salad dinner and play games and have fun.
 So after a game of hide and seek in the dark, which is quite fun, we played board games.
We played Catan, which is really fun! Megs won, I didn't do so well, need to strategize where I put my settlements a little more next time. :P
Then we fed the critters and milked the goats, then back to games!
Megs won the short version of Outrage and successfully stole away and escaped with St. Edwards crown!
Played Pictionary, Megs and Matty's team won... (anyone seeing Megs on a pattern here?) ;P
The parents plan was to stay till 9 or 10...... but before they noticed it was 1/2 hr till midnight.
Aha! Yes! Us kids got our wish! ;)

The minutes leading up to 12pm, us kids went outside, ready with firecrackers.
I pretty much didn't have to look at my watch to know when the New Year rolled in, the fireworks going off up and down the valley did that for me!
So we light firecrackers and threw those pop bomb thingy's. (I've actually had those things for 2 years!)

That was a great start to the New Year!

Then "later" after I woke up for the day, I found I woke up with a cold. :/
A week and a half later, I think I'm finally getting over it.
Though it might not be a cold, doctors are calling what most folks think is the cold a sinus flu or something like that and if not taken care of can turn to pneumonia. :/

So, we missed the 1st day of 1st yr. at the Fort.
Those who went said it was a good day though, so I'm looking forward to next month!
Hoping I'm fully over my, whatever it is I have, and can go to 2nd year this Saturday!

We did go down on Tuesday to the fort 'cuz they needed dancers and a musician for OPB who were there for 3 days filming!
I heard it should come out in May, so I'm super excited 'cuz after they were done filming us dancing, they had just Megs, who played the penny whistle for the dancing, stay behind and do close up filming of her playing the whistle! :D

I'd post pictures, but my camera is non-functioning and is currently on its way to CA to hopefully get repaired.. :/
Wait! I took pix on Christmas I could share!

We had snow on Christmas Eve! So we had a White Christmas for the first time in forever!!!

I got some cool ice pictures. :)





Hope you all are having a great start to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog!
Leave a comment if you'd like, they're very muchly enjoyed. :)