I can't believe its already over!!! The year is just going by way to fast!!
Anyways, at Campfires & Candlelight the girls were in the Oregon Trail camp in 3rd person,
Kai got a new very pretty brown dress and apron and got to wear it for the first time at this event!
And Megs also got a new apron to go with the pretty green dress she wears. :)
My dad was inside the stockade in 1st person year 1844, the year a fire burned up to 300 ft away from the fort wall! (can't remember which side)
I was an American Red Cross Nurse in the WWI "camp" in 3rd person.
(ok, we had a fly tent and a few pictures of the saw mill that was in operation at the time)
This was my third year in the WWI "camp" and once I again refreshed my mind to the subject we talk about to visitors I think I can once again talk about in my sleep! ;)
I was able to take pictures on my break, so I shall share them here. :)
| Oregon Trail Camp, they used a fly tent too. :) |
| Hmm.... looks like a group of trouble makers.... ;) |
Didn't get home and into bed till 11:45!
Next Saturday us girls are going to the Summer's End Promenade, where everyone dresses in era's from the 1840's to the 1940's and promenades back and fourth and talk to visitos. :)
Megs will be dressed in buckskins and portraying Sarah Winnamucka
I'll be in a 1945 dress and we're not sure what Kai will be dressed in yet......
It's raining today............... yeah. *sigh* :/
Oh well, we need it. :)
Oh! We're getting a surprise tomorrow! I will post pictures next week. ;)
Have a great weekend everyone!
This looks so cool! The costumes and set-up and all are awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean by you were in 3rd person? :)
OK, so when you are in 3rd person, you talk about how people lived and what was happening at that time. You would say how they lived and what they did.
DeleteWhen you are in first person, you are assigned a certain character and you are that person, so if your character lived in 1845 and you were in first person, you would only talk about what was going on and say I and we. And if someone asked you what a TV was, you would have no idea. ;-)
Does that help? I hope I explained it well, I'm ofttimes bad at explaining and confuse folks :-\ ;-)