Okay, okay, we were in Idaho for a minute maybe. It just so happened that the road we traveled went into Idaho then back into Spokane, WA. :)
So on Sunday morning we got up at 3:45ish, at least mom and I did, everyone else got up between then and 4:00am.
Then us girls went out and fed the critters, our friend Sarah milked for us later that morning and again that evening, Thank you Sarah!! :D
Then we got back in and got ready to go, mom and dad were getting ready while we fed, then we had breakfast, loaded the car and headed out.
Six hours later, at 11:00am we arrived in Spokane! I got to drive the last hour to Spokane and drove up to Huckleberries, a health food store we shopped at all the time while living there to meet a friend.
That was great getting to see him again!
I was so excited that, once dad told me which exit to take, as we drove along I could remember the way to the store! :D
Which is exciting for me if you think about it because I haven't been there since I went back to help a friend with mom when I was 13, and we moved away from there when I was 11!!
It's so hard to believe we have been gone for 10 years! That's twice as long as we lived there!!
Anyways, after that we went to meet a Pen Pal of ours that we'd never met that lives over there.
Her church was only 8 minutes away from the reason we were going to Spokane! (wait, I'm getting to that...)
Anyways, we arrived at her church and saw her, and we saw someone else we recognized too!
Our friends who we hadn't seen since we moved away goes to the same church as our Pen Pal Emily!!
We didn't know they had changed churches about 9 years ago!
It was SO fun! We got to meet our Pen Pal Emily and our friends!
Of course the oldest two kids weren't there, the daughter had left to go hang out with her boyfriend and his family, and I'm not sure where the son was. But it was really fun to see how the little kids had grown.
The "baby" of the family is now 10 and I hadn't seen her since she was less than a year old!
So after we got our picture taken with Emily, (you can see that post on her blog :), she went with us to our destination and the whole reason for our trip to Spokane!
Her "biggest" brother followed in his truck so he could take her home afterwards. :)
Here is the reason for our trip:
![]() |
| Puppy eyes!!! <3 |
Now I know some of you might think we're crazy, but I don't care.
There were no Mac's around here so to Spokane we went to get him. ;)
Once he gets bigger, he will eventually take over as "Head of Ranch Security".
(if you don't know what that is, I recommend reading the Hank the Cowdog series, which are really funny!)
We got to get our new puppy and hang out with our Pen Pal friend Emily at the same time!
I mean, this trip was meant to be! Everything fell into place perfectly!
So after we picked up Mac and said goodbye to Emily, we headed over to one last friends house before heading home.
We also got to go past our old house as our last destination was just down the street from where we used to live.
After we got to talk and hang out for a little, we gave them hugs and headed out for our 6 hour long trek back home again.
We got home about 9:30pm, fed the critters, came in and went to bed!
It was a busy, tiring day, but oh so worth it!! :D
MacArthur, Mac for short, is such a good boy and so sweet! I'm so glad we were able to get him!
Ok, this was a longer post than I thought it would be!
So I shall end it by sharing a few pix from our trip. :)
| The closer to Spokane we got, the more Pine Trees!! :D |
| Coming into the South Side of Spokane City!! |
| The WA/ID border!! |
| Spokane countryside whizzing by. |



Ahhhh.....PUPPY!!! He's gonna kill me with his cuteness <3 Glad to hear that your trip went so well! Must have been awesome meeting Emily! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures, Tiff! You are such an amazing photographer. :) And it was such a blessing to meet you girls! Hard to believe it's already been a week. In any case, it was wonderful to get to spend time with you, Megs and Kai and go play with your new McIntosh. ;) He's such a wonderful puppy! Enjoyed this post, great read. :D
ReplyDelete