Yep, the last three days have felt like that for me.
Losing critters is not fun, but on a farm it is inevitable.
Losing critters is not fun, but on a farm it is inevitable.
On Tuesday one of my goats lost her babies, she was two months from her due date.
Thankfully the mamma is doing well.
Thankfully the mamma is doing well.
Wednesday we had to put our Jack Russel Terrier Minnie down due to old age.
She would have turned 15 next month and we've had her since she was born.
She would have turned 15 next month and we've had her since she was born.
| |
| Here's a pic of Minnie from a few years ago |
And Yesterday another of my goats had her baby two weeks early and he didn't make it.
But mamma is doing fine!
But it makes it all easier to deal with when you know that you have:
1. An amazing God who loves you enough He came and died for you and is always there for you
2. A great family
3. Good friends
All you really need is reason #1, but the other two are such a blessing!
Another thing you can do when you're feeling a bit down, visit a baby goat.
There is no possible way one cannot feel at least a little bit better after
seeing and petting a baby goat!
seeing and petting a baby goat!
I went to take pictures of a baby goat for my friend who is in New Zealand for a couple weeks and her goat decides to have her babies the day after she had to leave. (of course, that's how it always works!) The baby is SOOOO Cute!!!
Jumping around and coming up to see me and making her little goat bleats! <3
![]() |
| I mean, how can this cute little thing not make you smile!! |
This last Sunday has been my favorite day so far this year!! I was reminded again what an amazing family and friends I have!
My family and quite a few friends put together a surprise birthday party for me, and boy was I surprised! Never in a million years would I have guessed about the party!
They did a great job and it was so much fun! Thank You everybody!!
They did a great job and it was so much fun! Thank You everybody!!
Once I get some pictures from my friend (of course she has to be in NZ right now), I will share some with you all. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!


I'm sorry you lost your animals, Tiffany. I know that's very hard and painful, especially when you've owned the animal a long time. I'm glad you had a good birthday, though! I'm so glad it went well! I hope you feel better soon, I'm very sorry.
ReplyDeleteThank you Emily. :)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your critters, Tiff. It's always so hard, even when they're still-born. (But especially Minnie! I know from personal experience how hard it is to put down a beloved pet.) I hope this week has been better. And I hope you're feeling much better by now!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am so glad your party ended up a successful surprise!! :) It was great fun. :)
Thank you Becca!
ReplyDeleteExcept for having a cold, this week has been going much better. :)
Thanks for coming to the party and so I'm glad you had fun too! :D
Not fun to lose animals - I'm sorry about that. That kid is so cute! Did you watch it birth or was it born when you arrived?
ReplyDeleteShe was born before I got to go see her. She is two days old in this picture. :)
ReplyDeleteShe was the only baby that made it out of three. But thankfully she made it and is doing great! :D